Error code 12 is a typical Device Manager error code. It usually appears on the computer screen when the computer has problems with device drivers or conflicts with system resources.
Error code 12 is usually displayed on the screen in the following format:
‘This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.’
This error can occur if two devices installed on your computer are assigned the same I/O ports, interrupts or direct access channels (either by the BIOS, operating system or both). This error message may also occur if the BIOS has not allocated sufficient resources to the device.
Although this error code is not fatal, it is recommended to correct it immediately to avoid inconvenience and inconvenience. This error will likely reduce and affect the performance of your system.
Here are Solutions Some Solutions that might help your Device Manager Fix Device Manager Error 12
Deactivate conflicting device
- In the Device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
- Click Troubleshooting to launch the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you a few simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers you provide.
- Follow the wizard to solve the problem.
Repair registry entries connected to error 12
It is not recommended to manually edit the Windows registry to remove invalid Code 12 keys, unless you are a PC service professional. Incorrect processing of your registration may cause your PC to malfunction and irreversibly damage your operating system. In fact, an incorrect comma can prevent your PC from booting completely!
To manually repair your Windows registry, you must first create a backup by exporting a part of the registry that refers to code 12 (for example, the Windows operating system):
- Click the Start button.
- Enter “Order” in the search field……………. Do not press ENTER yet!
- While holding down the CTRL-Shift key on your keyboard, press ENTER.
- An authorization dialog box appears.
- Click Yes.
- A black box opens with a blinking cursor.
- Enter “regedit” and press ENTER.
- In the registry editor, select the key for error 12 (for example, the Windows operating system) that you want to back up.
- From the File menu, select Export.
- In the Save For list, select the folder in which you want to save the backup key for the Windows operating system.
- In the File name field, enter a name for your backup file, for example “Windows Operating System Backup”.
- Make sure “Selected Branch” is selected in the Export Range field.
- Click Save
- The file is then saved with the extension.reg.
Updating the network adapter driver
If you find that your error code 12 is still present, you may need to update the network adapter driver because Windows 10 is not compatible with this driver, and in this case, you will need to update it to see if it can work properly.
As for correcting errors in Device Manager code 12, it can be very easy if you have mastered the above solutions.